Saturday July 18, 2015 Coastal Charter Club presents the Texas Kingfish Tournament. Fishing Time will be at 6:00am to 3:00pm. There are two Divisions and a four person team per boat. Calcutta at Captains Meeting Friday July 17 at the Galveston Yacht Basin Boats may launch anywhere, but all must return to the GYB for weigh-in. There will also be a Big Kingfish side pot! Cash Bar, Raffle Items. Check out our rules and regulations below, and make sure to sign up by clicking the “Texas Kingfish Tournament” button at the bottom of the page.
Boats may leave from any port. The weigh-in will be held at the Galveston Yacht Basin. You may weigh-in by boat or vehicle. GYB will waive launch fees for those in the tournament.
CAPTAINS MEETING FRIDAY JULY 17,2015 6:00-8:00pm above bait camp at the GALVESTON YACHT BASIN.
Fishing times 6:00am. Boats may leave at any time, but no lines in the water until 6:00am.
1. All fish must be weighed by the Tournament Weigh Team and in edible condition. Any fish deemed spoiled or rotten will be disqualified. Weigh-in starts at 2:30pm and closes at 4:00pm. At least one team member must be in line with fish by 4:00pm. NO EXCEPTIONS!
2. No fish may be mutilated, shot, frozen, or thawed.
3. Fish must be caught by rod and reel and legal in length (tip of the tail), if not the team/boat will be disqualified. All weights, measurements, etc.. are final by the weigh team and Tournament Director.
4. Winners will be determined by combined weight of 2 Kingfish. In case of a tie, winner will be determined by the boat/team the weighed in first.
5. Largest Kingfish will win the side pot if entered.
6. All boats should be equipped with a working VHF radio and monitor channel 16 during the tournament. VHF should only be used in case of an emergency or distress call. Please no talking between boats during the tournament unless answering a distress call from another boat!
7. No pooling of fish. No two or more boats should come side to side until docking at the Galveston Yacht Basin unless offering assistance to a boat in distress.
8. Chumming is allowed, no pre baiting. No dive equipment or diving from a boat unless an emergency arises. (Fouled Prop). No electric reels.
9. There are 2 divisions; Under 25 ft. and Open. No boat bigger than 25ft. may fish in the Under 25 Division. Length is determined by model number of boat.
10. No changing of Captain/Owner or crew once registration form is received by Texas Kingfish Tournament.
11. In the event of seas sustained over 5ft or inclement weather the tournament start time may be delayed or canceled untill Saturday August 15, 2015. This will be covered in detail at the Captains Meeting.
12. ALL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO A POLYGRAPH. Failure in taking polygraph will result in disqualification. Failure in passing polygraph will result in disqualification and team/contestant will be responsible for polygraph fee.
13 If a situation arises during the tournament that is not covered by the above rules, it will be the Tournament Committee that makes the final decision.
14. 100% of the tournament fee refundable 10 days prior to the tournament date, after that 50% of the tournament fee refundable unless tournament is cancelled by the tournament committee.
CAPTAINS MEETING and CALCUTTA
1. Captains meeting is not mandatory but recommended.
2. Calcutta will take place at meeting. Optional, if your team doesn't enter you will not be able to participate in the Calcutta.
3. No insurance offered. If any boat thinks they can win then you better bid!! Opening bids start at $100.00
4. A Calcutta will be held for each division. All may bid in each division.
5. Payout for each division will be 1st and 2nd place. Pot split 60/40 to percent each division.
6. Winning bidders must pay the Tournament Committee Member at the end of the Calcutta. Cash Only! Non-payment will result in disqualification.
7. NO REFUNDS ON CALCUTTA FEE FOR ANY REASON.
Fishing is based on knowledge, skill, and luck. Lets all make this a great event!